These roasted morsels are chock full of flavor, good for you and ridiculously easy to make. And like always, they are relatively cheap to make too (I know we all can stand to save as much as we can in these tough financial times).
Roasted Spicy Chickpeas
- 2 cans of chickpeas (15 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Rinse and drain the chickpeas. I use a towel to pat away any additional moisture.
Toss chickpeas in bowl and coat with olive oil. Add spices and stir until fully covered and distributed.
Transfer chickpeas to baking sheet (cover sheet with foil if you would like a quick clean).
Bake for 45-60 minutes until at desired texture (I bake mine longer in order to have a more crunchy texture). Stir or shake them every 20 minutes or so to get even browning/prevent overcooking.
Enjoy! These are great on their own, but I love throwing them on a salad too for a little extra flavor and a protein punch!
These are seriously one of my favorite snacks. They’re super portable and easy to make.
Some other benefits to chickpeas (garbanzo beans):
- Great source of vegetarian protein
- Contains lots of minerals, such as calcium, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, iron and zinc.
- Low on glycemic index, which is important for keeping blood sugar levels stable
- Lots of fiber, so you feel full longer and great for colon and digestive health.
Do you have a favorite healthy spicy snack? Share your recipe!