a.) Skipping breakfast
b.) Buying unhealthy options at work (cheese & bacon loaded omelets)
Both options are unhealthy, and the second was also lightening my wallet and leaving me feeling slowed down at work the rest of the day. I knew that the only way I was going to stop that cycle was to have a quick option to choose from in the morning that required little to no time and effort. That's where these come in:
Egg and Veggie Quiche Muffins:
- 10 eggs (may substitute with egg whites if preferred)
- Turkey Bacon
- Oil Spray
- 2 cups veggies (I used bell pepper, onion, spinach - you could use just about anything you have)
- Minced garlic
- Low fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat over to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a muffin tin with oil spray to prevent sticking.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs and garlic.
- Add the chopped veggies to the egg mixture and stir well.
- Line each muffin mold with one slice of turkey bacon (wrap it in a circle in the mold).
- Use a ladle to add the egg and veggie mixture. Fill each tin mold only 2/3 of the way because the egg mixture will expand once cooked.
- Add a small sprinkle of mozzarella cheese to the top of each cup.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until slightly browned (you may want to put baking sheet under muffin tin in case of overflow).
These reheat very easily in the microwave and are great served with a piece of fruit or a slice of toast. Quick, easy and healthy breakfast option for those mornings you really don't feel like cooking. What I like most about this recipe is that it makes multiple servings at a time and since the bacon is on the edge of the pan it get's nice and crispy too!