To start, here's a little information on the wraps and application process from the Jamberry website:
About the product:
- How many wraps are on each sheet of nails? One regular sheet includes 18 Jamberry nail wraps. One sheet of Jamberry Juniors wraps include 42 nail wraps.
- How many applications does one sheet provide? One regular sheet of nail wraps can be used for two to three applications, depending on the size and length of your nails. One sheet of Jamberry Juniors can be used for up to six applications.
- How long will my nail wraps last? Jamberry nail wraps last up to 2 weeks on fingers and 4 weeks on toes.
- There are so many CUTE varieties! There is definitely something for everyone.
- Really affordable. Much cheaper than getting a manicure/pedicure regularly, plus you don't have to worry about bacteria/disease from the salon. $15 a sheet which is enough for 2-3 applications or more depending on your use.
Simple & Easy:
- Push back cuticles and clean nails with an alcohol wipe.
- Match nail (finger or toe) to the nail wrap that best fits.
- Peel off nail wrap and warm the adhesive side with a mini heater or blow dryer (that's what I used) for 3-5 seconds or until soft/flexible.
- When warm, press wrap onto the nail. Apply firm pressure around edges to adhere wrap to nail.
- Trim the top with scissors and file off remaining wrap using a downward motion (really important to file in that motion!) to remove excess.
- Apply heat and pressure to the wrap again until it is bonded to the nail.
My tips for application would be to make sure to have cuticle scissors to cut the wraps. I used regular scissors because I couldn't find my cuticle scissors and it would be much easier with smaller scissors to use. Also, using tweezers to hold the edge of the wrap while warming makes application easier. And finally, have a newer file to use to be more efficient and get a smoother file. I was surprised how easy it was to do once I got the initial hang of it.
I honestly really liked this product. I had my reservations since I've had really bad luck with most nail products and their longevity, but these actually stayed on and didn't show wear like normal nail polish does. The application process was simple and didn't take too long (which is great since my free time is very little anymore with a baby in the house). I applied the nail wraps on my hands and they last nearly two weeks before I removed them. At the time of removal I was starting to get a little bit of the wrap coming loose near the tips of my nails. Regardless, I would have been removing them anyway since my nails had grown so much that there was a large gap at the bottom (thanks prenatal vitamins for nails that grow at super speed!). The ones on my toes are still hanging strong at nearly 3 weeks which is pretty amazing since it's sandal season and I walk barefoot most the time and log 15+ miles of running weekly. These babies are durable!
It's nice to have a little splash of color and festivity on my nails without a lot of work, especially being a stay at home mom most the time. This is a great product to add to your beauty routine that's worth the money and time. I'm definitely planning on ordering some more, the hardest part will be picking out of the many designs!
|Day of application!|
|Isn't the design adorable! So many styles for every occasion.|
|A few days after application and still no signs of wear.|
|1 & 1/2 week after application : minor wear, but more than anything just nail growth.|
|Nearly 3 weeks later!|
|Only signs of wear is one divot from me dropping a toy on my toe (ouch!)|
and nail growth.
If you're interested in ordering or learning more, check out or contact Elizabeth Block at:
Special note: They have a subscription service called Style Box that seems pretty awesome! You get a minimum $30 of Jamberry nail products, nail file, orange stick and monthly style guide each month for $25 (including shipping). Might be worth checking out!
Have you used Jamberry before? Is this something you'd try?