Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Long time, no blog.

School’s out! Well, not completely, but I’m no longer bogged down with 4 classes and work, but now only 1 class and work so I’m hoping to have a bit more time to keep blogging. 

I had a great semester with amazing professors and tons of opportunities.  I have to say that I definitely made the right choice by going back to school and that public health and health promotion is 100% me! I love the program and really can’t wait to finally be out in the field in hopefully less than a year (December 2011, if I’m lucky).  This summer will be spent taking a few more online classes, polishing my portfolio and searching for an internship that I’ll love.  Also on the horizon is working with the county police in the area on a distracted driving campaign and safety fair, working with the community of mental health on their print materials, Girls on the Run volunteering and hopefully getting some volunteer time in with the Health Dept. Life’s certainly exciting!

As for personal, non-school/work life, things have been great.  Ry and I  have several fun events planned for the summertime and am now just waiting for the sun to start shining and the temperature to soar higher.  Come on, Mother Nature, we’re all sick of being cooped up in the house.  I want to get out there and get the yard ready for some backyard barbeques and bonfires with friends.  Looking forward to a wonderful summer with time off (no more 60 hour work weeks), enjoying the weather and friends and moving my body!  Hoping to get a weekend here to go pick up some mountain bikes, get some canoeing & fishing in, and also begin to run a bit more (I want to love it, but right now it’s a slow battle to even like running-ha!).

What are you looking forward to most this summer?

summertime1

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have everything planned out!
    Me, well I am looking forward to nice vacation!:))

    ReplyDelete