The wedding was great (aside from the heat and humidity that had us dripping sweat during the ceremony and pictures –haha) . It was one of the first time in years (since our wedding in 2009) that we finally had most of our college friends together again. It’s times like these that I cherish, especially now that it doesn’t seem to happen often enough. I can’t wait for the day that we are all living closer together again. I’m even more excited when we all have families that we can watch grow together.
|5 of the bridesmaids and the beautiful bride (there were 2 more girls).|
|The whole CMU gang!|
|The hubby & I, sweaty after busting a move or two on the dance floor|
|Loved the cupcakes at the rehearsal dinner.|
|Wedding wine basket we made for special occasions. I'm|
pretty proud of how this turned out with handmade tags
and poems for each occasion (1st fight, anniversary, baby & Christmas).
The rest of our weekend was spent watching fireworks at Soaring Eagle Casino, which were amazing, like always and tubing down the Chippewa and getting entirely too much sun (ouch!).
|Stunning Michigan sunset as we waited for fireworks.|
|Waiting on the hill for fireworks to start|
|The gorgeous Chippewa River. So great for a relaxing float.|
The excess of pretty much everything (wine, sweets, fast foods, sun, etc.) this past weekend has me feeling a bit less that stellar. I’m feeling just blah – no energy, dull, pants tighter syndrome, and just all over icky. I’m planning on taking the next two weeks to hit it hard and really stick to eating well and treating my body right.
- Getting back into my running routine (especially important with Warrior Dash at the end of the month) – Ideally 3 times a week/3 miles each time.
- No fast food/eating out
- Lots more veggies/fruit – I think my body forgot what those are.
- No wine/beer/alcohol – My stomach has been so jacked up since I’ve had alcohol…it’s terrible.
- Lots and lots and lots of water & very little caffeine – Definitely feel the need to flush my body of all the crap from the last week.
- Reduce sweets and salty foods
Do you have any tips to add? How do you get back to normal after an over-indulgent holiday? How are you feeling after the past weekend?Pin It