The recipe is super easy and has rave reviews, so within a week I'm hoping to enjoy a wonderful cocktail or martini!
DIY Cranberry Vodka
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, or 1 vanilla bean, split
- 2 oranges, peels cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 (750-ml) bottle vodka
1. Place cranberries, sugar and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Place pan over medium heat and stir. Simmer cranberry mixture until the berries burst, about 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Place orange peels in a large glass container with an airtight lid, or large mason jars with lids. Pour vodka over the orange peels.
3. Allow the cranberry mixture to cool. Pour the cooled mixture into the glass container(s). Cover tightly and set aside for 1 week.
4. After 1 week, strain out the cranberries and orange peels and pour mixture into a clean bottle, using a funnel. Store vodka in the refrigerator.
I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out and looking forward to enjoying a drink with friends and family.
Have you ever made your own flavor infused alcohol before? I'd love to hear others experiences. :)