Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
It amazes me that this year is almost over. I feel like it has went by in a flash (each year seems to move quicker and quicker) and that we are venturing into another year. I always get the itch after Christmas to get a jump start on my goals and resolutions for the new year. I don’t think that people should necessarily wait until the new year to make goals, but to continuously do so, however, this does set an easy starting point. I always like to look back and reflect on the year and think about the new things that I would like to accomplish for the next year.
- Set realistic goals. I’m not saying to not push yourself, but if you aren’t active at all, set smaller goals (such as doing a 5k) and move onto the larger ones (i.e. marathon). Setting yourself up for unrealistic goals will only lead to feelings of failure, frustration and stress.
- Set goals, for yourself and tailored to yourself. Just because everyone is setting the same goal, doesn’t mean its perfect for you. Your goals should reflect YOUR role in life.
- Be specific. The more specific you are the more likely you are to get what you want. Sometimes making a bunch of small goals, can help you achieve a bigger one. Start small, work towards getting bigger.
- Set guidelines and steps for obtaining your goals! I always like to set a guideline so I have a specific date, number and/or thing to strive for. Set out the steps for yourself and really think about what you need to do to get there.
- Give yourself a reward for obtaining your goal. Whether it be a pat on the back, the thrill of obtaining it, or a new wardrobe/spa day…whatever it is that you would love or that would compliment your accomplishment.
- Run at least 3 races (5k and higher). I know for sure that I’ll be participating in Warrior Dash, but want to do many more, especially those benefiting causes I love (autism, cancer, habitat, environmental).
- Do yoga once a week. I’m thinking about signing up with a class at the university.
- Meatless Monday: I want to start incorporating a bit less meat in my diet.
- Wash my face before bed. This sounds like a no brainer, but most nights I’m falling asleep and just crash into bed.
- Graduate in December with at least a 3.5 gpa
- Find an amazing, paid internship for the summer. Really want some amazing hands on work.
- Learn Photoshop and feel comfortable using it.
- Blog at least once, preferably 3 times per week. I know that I’ll be super busy with classes and work so would like to at least have a maintainable goal.
- Learn to use my DSLR. Right now I am a complete novice and have no idea what I’m doing.
- Craft more. I really want to learn how to use my sewing machine and become a master with my Silhouette.
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. ~Henry Ford