Hummus is super easy to make, affordable and chock full of fiber which keeps you full longer and great for keeping blood sugar levels from rising too fast (fabulous for diabetic, insulin resistant or hypoglycemic individuals).
Sun-Dried Tomato & Spinach Hummus:
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chopped oil-packed or vacuum packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1 large handful of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (optional)
Nom, Nom, Nom! Yummy Goodness!
Have you ever made your own hummus? What’s your favorite healthy snack?Pin It