Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mamma Mia!

Lately I’ve been craving veggies like it’s my job.  No matter what I do I can’t seem to get enough of them…what’s going on?  Whatever it is, I sure hope it keeps up.  Seeing as I was craving some yummy veggies and had some leftover chicken & pizza crust that needed used, I decided to throw it all together for an absolutely amazing pizza.  I’m not kidding, this is my new favorite!  This was perfect because we had so many things in the fridge that we had leftover and really need to use them.  Added them all together and poof! A tasty & healthy (-er) pizza!  I think it would be amazing without the chicken too if you wanted a meat free version (will probably use this for Meatless Mondays).
bbq chicken pizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Ingredients:
  • Whole wheat pizza crust (pre-made or make your own)
  • BBQ sauce (I like Baby Rays)
  • Chicken
  • Black beans (rinsed and drained)
  • Corn
  • Veggies of choice (I added lots of red onion &  fresh tomatoes)
  • Low fat mozzarella cheese & cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Slather pizza crust with BBQ sauce, add your chicken, beans, corn and veggies of choice and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese (I went light on the cheese because I wanted a healthier pizza).  Bake for 12-14 minutes or until crust is browned.  Enjoy!
Ever since this little creation I’ve been searching for bazaar pizza’s.  There is a sauerkraut & kielbasa pizza I’ve got my eye on and might try this weekend. 
What’s your favorite pizza concoction?  Any interesting combinations that you’ve had?
On a side note, I finally signed up for Warrior Dash.  Super excited & hoping to not kill myself! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! BBQ chicken pizza is one of my favorite things in the world!

    http://happensafterfive.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW..I must try this. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete